All our seeds are grown organically in Australia -> What makes our seeds special?
- Growing up to 2m tall, with trumpeting flowers, hollyhocks are the centrepiece in any cottage garden! This mix contains a surprise mix of colours anything from white, pink, pink halo to dark purple hollyhocks. Also loved by bees and butterflies.
- Hollyhocks are very easy to grow – they are tough and drought-tolerant, hence one of our favourite flowers in the garden.
- Produces stunning flowers in spring and summer.
- Sowing: Plant seed either direct or in punnets in spring, summer and autumn. Because of its long-tap root, hollyhocks are best grown in the ground or in a very deep pot.
- Planting: Loves full sun but can also grow in part-shade. They are large plants so space 50cm apart. Will grow in poor soils but produce better blooms in soils enriched with compost and a little organic fertiliser.
Please note seeds can be shipped across Australia, but due to quarantine restrictions we cannot ship seed to WA or Tasmania.